Dodgers’ first U.S. game of 2014 season: March 30 in San Diego
By Jon Weisman
After the Dodgers begin the 2014 regular season with games in Australia against the Arizona Diamondbacks, they will play their third official game March 30 in San Diego.
That’s a change from the original schedule that had the Padres’ home opener scheduled for March 31. That day will now be an off day. The March 30 game will televised by ESPN as the season’s initial Sunday Night Baseball broadcast.
So to clarify the schedule:
- March 16 (1:05 p.m.) — final Cactus League game vs. Rockies at Camelback Ranch
- March 17-21 — off
- March 22 (1 a.m. in Los Angeles, 7 p.m. in Sydney) — opening game vs. Diamondbacks in Sydney
- March 22 (7 p.m. in Los Angeles, 1 p.m. March 23 in Sydney)—game two vs. Diamondbacks in Sydney
- March 23-26—off
- March 27 (7:10 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Dodger Stadium
- March 28 (7:10 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Dodger Stadium
- March 29 (6:05 p.m.) — exhibition game vs. Angels at Anaheim
- March 30 (5:05 p.m.) — regular season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- March 31 — off
- April 1 (TBD) — regular-season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- April 2 (7:10 p.m.) — regular-season game vs. Padres at San Diego
- April 3 — off
- April 4 (1:10 p.m.) — home opener vs. Giants at Dodger Stadium
Update: The April 1 game at San Diego now has a 3:40 p.m. start time.